Differences of Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Tour Operators & traveling Agents are somewhat distinct in Malaysia! And the people have had the incorrect perception for extended time. In Malaysia, Tour Operators and Travel Agents are distinct and perform various roles. In a mill situation, a Tour Operator is similar to the Manufacturing department and the Traveling Agent resembles the Revenue Department…
A Tour Operator is your secretary and supplier of package vacations. It’s often called the Earth. The Tour Company will create contracts with hotels and hotels, airlines and ground transportation businesses like personal cars, trucks, buses, ferries and trains & etc.. Considering all the essential pricing and data compiled, the Tour Operator will draft thorough tour packages and disperse Travel Agents in Travel Agent Directory in Malaysia as well as abroad.
The roles & responsibilities of a Tour Operator are reserving and organizing:
– Transport: Chaffered Car, Chartered Bus & Van, Air Ticket, Train Ticket, Ferry Ticket, Cruise Ticketalong with other transit modes and perhaps even special vehicles such as trishaw.
– Tour Guide: All Tour Guides should be accredited by the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia after attending and analyzed in an expert Tourist Guide Courses.
– Sight Seeing: Entry for tourist destinations, eco-tour, experiences tour, jungle hiking, snorkeling & scuba diving, island hopping as well as handicraft or cultural & living adventures.
– Food & Beverage: Breakfast, Tea Time or Tea Break, Lunch & Dinner, if set, buffet or packaged food.
– Accommodation: Hotels, Resorts, Service Apartments, Camping Sites, Dormitories, Training Camps, Chalets, Tree Houses or conventional homes & habitats that adapting travelers.
– Tasks: Tele-match, treasure hunt, paint ball, team building, outdoor office assembly…
– Special Events: Business dinner, karaoke contest.
On the flip side, Travel Agents don’t function excursions. Travel agencies provides traveling advice to travelers, sell and promote the tour packages they have from different Tour Operators, then manage the tour reservations. Travel Agents are installed in prime locations with heavy traffic like exploiting the main streets, within crowed shopping malls or in the bottom floor of a landmark building.
The roles & responsibilities of a Travel Agent are:
– promoting ells travel related services and products, especially package tours to direct clients on behalf of third party travel providers, like airlines, hotels, tour operator and tour companies, and cruise lines & etc..
– Many travel agents possess a special division dedicated to traveling arrangements for business travelers, though some bureaus focus in commercial and business travelers.
– Many also function as overall service representatives for overseas travel businesses in various countries.
– Act as a broker for tour packages:
– Purchase tour packages or excursion services at discounts & market with gains.
– Get commissions from providers & other tour companies.
– Act as a ticketing agent for transport (e.g. airlines, ferry, bus, train & etc).
– Other industrial operations are undertaken: insurance, travel guides, car leasing, Bureau de change, personal tour guide & etc..
– Provide unbiased travel information to the client.
Next time, should you travel small class less than 10 travelers, then it’s a good idea to hire a Travel Agent. Don’t attempt and obtain the very best travel agent in Malaysia. There’s not any such fantasy! Just proceed with the travel agent that match your travel needs and budgets or the excursion broker which you trusted the most. But if you’re organizing a group excursion such as business excursion, a Tour Operator will have the ability to supply you a more convenient tailor-made support.
The above mentioned information are advices and guidelines which 88Vacations supplied to its Corporate Customers in coordinating group tour. It’s easy but useful info to help coordinating a thriving business tour with several years experiences.