Good Samaritan pays for hotel rooms for 70 homeless people after propane tank explodes at South Loop tent city

CHICAGO —

A great Samaritan offered to cover hotel rooms for 70 homeless people that had been camped out in tents in the cold chilly which blanketed Chicago.

The deal came after the Chicago Fire Department on Wednesday confiscated nearly 100 propane tanks given the team to keep them warm as temperatures sank to damaging 22 (damaging 20 Celsius). The department acted after one of those donated tanks exploded.

The propane tank – one of between 150 and 200 propane cylinders in the encampment – has been too near a space heater. No one has been injured from the explosion.

Even the Salvation Army was about to transfer the people into a heating center when the city called again and advised them of this gesture.

Rachel was not convinced of the identity of this good Samaritan and just knew the resort was on the city’s South Side.

WLS-TV contributed to this report.

(Copyright ©2019 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *